Monday, May 02, 2011

Condolences to Judith

One of the great joys of the internet is our ability to connect with kindred souls across the world whom we would likely never meet otherwise.  One of my cherished connections is with Judith of Style Crone.

Ever since I found her blog, Judith has been an inspiration to me.  She wears vintage hats daily and combines them in wonderful ways with vintage and modern clothing and accessories.

She has a wonderful sense of color and often wears bold combinations that bring a smile to my face.

Along with her style posts, Judith has been sharing her journey as she and her husband traversed the mountains and valleys of his treatment for a rare form of cancer.  Their love for each other shown through her words and the photos of Judith that Nelson took for her blog.

Nelson's journey came to an end on April 20, 2011.  Even though I've never met Judith or Nelson, I feel as if I have lost a dear friend and my heart cries out with love and compassion for his beautiful wife.  Judith, I know you have touched many souls through your blog, and I hope this small tribute will impart my sincerest condolences and heartfelt compassion for your loss.  My thoughts are with you every day.